DeutschEnglishKontakt og åbningstiderFå siden læst opPresseJob hos osTuristOm hjemmesidenForside
Gå til forsiden    
Erhverv Om Kommunen Politik og dialog
Familie, børn og ungeHandicap og psykiatriÆldre og pensionSundhed og helbredKultur, fritid og idrætJob og uddannelseFlytning, bolig og byggeriTrafik og miljø
<!-- Heading UDKOMMENTERET -->
English / Marriage / 


If you want to get married in Haderslev Kommune, please fill in the Notice of Marriage. Link is right on this page or you can send us all documents by e-mail E: It will take 2 to 3 weeks to review your papers.

Foreigners, who do not have residency in Denmark, must pay 500 Dkr. or 70 Euro which covers the paperwork before the ceremony. The marriagefee must be transferred when you send us your documents. The marriagefee will not be refunded if you for some reason do not get married here.

When we have received all the documents and the marriagefee, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to offer you a marriage appointment.

The ceremony will take place in danish, german or english. If you do not speak or understand any of these languages we can ask for a translater for you at your expense.
After the ceremony you will receive one international marriage certificate. Should you need more or a new marriagecertificate they can be provided at a fee of 5 Euro/40 Dkr. each. The same applies if you need copies of the marriage certificate. The fee for extra marriagecertificates must be transferred along with the marriagefee.

Residence / accommodation
As a foreigner you have to enter into Haderslev Kommune two days before the ceremony, with the your original papers, so that we can prepare the ceremony.

While the Registry Office is undertaking the final case working of your papers - this means from the day of the personal registration to the day of the wedding - you must be rechable and able to appear in person at the Registry Office within short time, if required.

You can book your stay at “Haderslev Turistbureau” T: (+45) 73 54 56 30,
E: or

All documents must be in the original language. The original documents must be translated into german or english by an authorized translator.*) However, this is not the case if the documents are in german or english.

The following documents are required:

  • A valid passport and documentation of legal residency. If you are a citizen from outside the Schengen collaboration but are now a resident in a Schengen country, residence permit must be produced. If you are a citizen and live in a country outside of Schengen collaboration, passport must have an entry stamp which is not more than three months old.
  • Documentation of present residency and marital status. The documentation must include: name, address for at least the last year, date of birth and present marital status. If you are not a citizen of the country in which you are a resident at present, the same documents from your native country must be produced. The documents must not be more than 4 months old. If the document is not issued in Europe (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Armenia, Azerbajdjan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tadkjikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan is not counted for as EU), USA, Canada, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Australia or New Zealand it must be legalized or have an apostille on (please se below).

  • Divorce decree / death certificate if you are divorced or a widow / widower To ensure that the divorce decree/death certificate to be approved is genuine, it must be legalized. By legalized is meant authentication of the signature and authority of the issuer of the divorce decree (please se below).

  • American and British soldiers stationed in Germany must bring "Request and authority of leave" and "military ID" (instead of a passport).
The proper superior Ministry (usually the Ministry of Justice, in some countries the Ministry of the Interior) must legalize the person who has issued the divorce decree.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs must then legalize the person of the Ministry of Justice/Ministry of the Interior) (mentioned under 1.) who has legalized the issuer the divorce decree.

The local Danish Embassy or consulate must then legalize the person of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (mentioned under 2.) who has legalized the person of the Ministry of Justice/Ministry of the Interior.

(If the papers are issued in countries in the Apostille Convention ( it is sufficient to get a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Opening hours and address 

Monday - Tuesday 10 am - 3 pm
Wednesday 10 am - 5 pm
Friday 10 am - 1 pm

Day of registrations:
Tuesday 10 am - 12 am
Wednesday 10 am - 12 am

Day of marriage:
Thursday 10 am - 12 am
Friday 10 am - 12 am

Haderslev Kommune
Gåskærgade 26
DK 6100 Haderslev
T: (+45) 74 34 34 34 (Telephone hours from Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to
12:00 am)

We are closed on all Danish bank holidays.

Marriagefee is 70 Euro / 500 Dkr.
Fee for extra marriagecertificates is 5 Euro / 40 Dkr. each.

Please transfer the amount to the account of Haderslev Kommune.

Danske Bank
IBAN-nr. DK3130004810481048
BIC-kode DABADKKK (SWIFT-adresse)

Relaterede emner
Relaterede emner
Haderslev Kommune Borgerservice Akut Hjælp Find os på facebook
Kontakt og åbningstider

Gåskærgade 26
6100 Haderslev
CVR- og EAN-numre
Kort over kommunen
Kontakt og åbningstider

Haderslev Byråd
Hvem er vi?
Næste byrådsmøde
Vigtige telefonnumre

Få siden læst op

Siden er opdateret:
22/9 2015

Få pressemeddelelser